Support Tackling Minds with one of our T-shirts
A choice of various Tackling Mind caps
Fishing isn’t a sport, it’s a way of life!
Tackling Minds runs a number of fishing events for people from all walks of life. Be it, Mental Health, Social Deprivation, addiction and recovery, disabilities, Families and Long-Term Health.
Our aim is to :
- Offer people the opportunity to discover the joy of fishing, whilst learning new skills in a fun and proactive way.
- Help individuals re-engage with education, building their confidence and self-esteem, while at the same time assisting with new qualifications and skills.
- Provide a safe, fun environment where people of all ages and backgrounds are welcome.
- Encourage people to take part in physical activity and develop healthy habits and lifestyles.
- Provide fun based events for individuals to participate together, and forge relationships within the local community.
Watch Tackling Minds on ITV News.
The three ways we contribute to people’s health and well-being
i) We want to incorporate a range of fishing methods that increase activity levels and encourage activity amongst the inactive, those recovering from illness and older age groups who may not participate in other sports.
For example; Predator Fishing. This type of angling is an excellent source of exercise, especially in Winter. This type of angling involves actively seeking out the fish in numerous locations on the water being fished. Repeatedly casting and retrieving the bait to lure the predator, which is a surprising form of exercise to the upper body.
ii) We want to incorporate the therapeutic engagement that Angling brings. In turn, this brings people into contact with ‘blue-green spaces’, and as a consequence helps maintain positive mental health, provides stress relief and can support programmes for people experiencing mental illness.
iii) By bringing people together, we want to provide a rich social world that facilitates the relationship building, connection and participation in social life essential to securing well-being and active ageing.
Help us to continue supporting the community
Tackling Minds shop coming soon!
“Look at the Tackling Minds . It’s a group dedicated to promoting the mental health benefits of fishing to a wide group of people. I love this project because it reaches out to everyone regardless of their background, ethnicity, level of ability etc., etc., It’s inclusive, positive and wonderful.
Please share this and take the time to support this wonderful new organisation in whichever way you can. At the very least you can follow them.
Take a bow, Tackling Minds – you have my support”